There are many ways to enjoy it– fried, baked, boiled, mixed with sauces, and many more! While there are so many recipes to try and choose from, it is sometimes hard to choose which dish to cook that your family would love. So, we prepared three easy and yummy chicken lunch recipes to make your life easier and your family’s tummies happier:
CHICKEN CEASAR WRAP RECIPE
Chicken wraps are not only delicious to taste but also fun and easy to make. With its easy procedure, you can make your kids help you out on preparing these yummy chicken wraps. Another fun part here is that it doesn’t demand too many ingredients – only cooked chicken, some vegetables, tortilla, and cheese!
|Yield: 5 servings
|Preparation time: 15 minutes
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
3 cups lettuces, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped into cubes
1-1/2 cups bean sprouts
1/2 cup caesar salad dressing
5 large flour tortillas (or whole wheat tortillas)
2 cups mozzarella cheese (feel free to add more for a cheesier wrap!)
- Toss all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl, except for tortillas. Place a large spoonful of mixture in a line along the edge of a tortilla.
- Roll up tightly, like a burrito, and secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
- Heat a heavy-duty pan or grill to medium heat. Coat with a light layer of oil or cooking spray and cook wraps for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the tortilla is crispy and golden. Remove from heat, slice in half, and serve immediately.
IMMUNITY-BOOSTING CHICKEN SOUP
During this pandemic, we need to boost our immune system! That’s why we prepared a recipe that is not only healthy but also deliciously tempting. This immunity-boosting chicken soup can be served anytime but will also be perfect when you’re in extra need of antioxidants.
|Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5L chicken bone broth
- 500g cooked chicken, diced or shredded
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 pack red kidney beans
- sea salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- optional: pesto, to serve
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot. Sauté onion and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add potato, carrot, and zucchini. Stir.
- Add broth, turmeric, and herbs. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the potato is cooked.
- Add cooked chicken and lemon juice to the soup. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of pesto.
Chicken Pochero is a Pinoy favorite chicken stew with lots of ingredients like vegetables, saging na saba, and chorizo. Its thick red sauce, juicy chicken, and lots of vegetables are perfect to eat with a cup (or 2 more cups) of hot rice. Don’t worry, this dish may demand more time to prepare, but it’s definitely worth it. That’s a promise! This dish will surely invite more conversations when served on your table with your family.
Yield: 8 servings
Preparation Time: 50 minutes
- ¾ kilo pork belly or shoulder, cubed
- ½ kilo whole chicken, cut in serving parts
- 1 pc chorizo bilbao, sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- 4 pcs potatoes. pared and quartered
- 1 small cabbage head, wedged
- 4 pcs ripe saba bananas. peeled and sliced
- 1 can garbanzos chickpeas
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 4 to 5 cups broth
- 4 cups water
- In a medium saucepan, boil pork, chicken, spring onions, and salt until tender.
- Separate meat and broth. Set aside both.
- Heat oil. Sauté garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the meats and chorizo bilbao. Stir-fry. Pour in the broth. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Add potatoes, bananas, and garbanzos.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Pour tomato sauce. Add cabbage and continue simmering for a few minutes.
We hope these chicken recipes brought to you by Safe Select will help make your lunch easier to prepare and your family appreciate you more! Go ahead and buy yourself some fresh chicken now so that you can try out these recipes firsthand! You can also use the promotion code “MEATLOVERS150” and get 150 PHP off all your meat products! The promotion will run until the 6th of March 2022 only, so what are you waiting for?!
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device